This tutorial is entirely my own idea. The mask was created by Vonne. Her website can be found here.
The lamppost tube was created by Patty. Unfortunately did she die in 2011. Her family wanted to honour her legacy, hence they keep the website open. You can find the website here.
I have found the kettle and the text tube on the internet, but I don't know from who it is. If it's yours, please post a comment in this tutorial, so that I can give the credits back to you.
The other tubes are created by me, so please leave the layers intact. The tubes can always be used for personal stuff, you only have to ask permission first if you would like to use them in a tutorial.
This tutorial will be written in English.
This tutorial is made with Paint Shop Pro X4, but can be made with other Psp versions as well. I assume you know how to work with the Mirror and Flip script in PSP X4.
Download all other supplies here.
Place the other tubes, masks, etcetera in the right folders.
Graphics Plus --- Cross Shadow.
Cybia --- Screenworks.
- Foreground colour: #6f6100
- Background: colour: #bcb541
Alright, let's get started!
1) Open a transparent image of 705 x 526 px.
2) Flood fill it with the background colour.
3) Open the tube "Abstract_Stream_Forms-Nolver_02102015".
4) Copy and paste the tube as new layer on your image.
5) Effects ---> Image Effects ---> Seamless Tiling: Default.
6) Change the blend mode of the layer to Luminance and lower the capacity to 53%.
7) Add a new layer and fill it with the foreground colour.
8) Open the mask "Vonnemasker2016-21" in Psp. Go back to your image and go to the menu Layers ---> New Mask Layer ---> From Image and select the mask in the source window.
The setting is Source Luminance.
9) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Group.
10) Adjust ---> Brightness and Contrast ---> Brightness/Contrast and use the following settings:
11) Open the tube "Abstract_Metal_Object-Nolver_05092012". Copy and paste it as new layer on your image.
12) Effects ---> Image Effects ---> Offset:
13) Change the blend mode to Screen and lower the opacity to 75%.
14) Paste the tube again on your image.
15) Effects ---> Image Effects ---> Offset:
16) Change the blend mode to Screen and lower the opacity to 75%.
17) Paste the tube again on your image.
18) Effects ---> Image Effects ---> Offset:
19) Change the blend mode to Screen and lower the opacity to 75%.
20) Open the tube "Young_Man-Nolver_24032012". Copy and paste the tube as new layer on your image.
21) Change the blend mode to Luminance Legacy.
22) Adjust ---> Brightness and Contrast ---> Brightness/Contrast and use the following settings:
23) Lower the opacity to 48% and move him to the right side.
24) Copy and paste the tube "Kettle with flowers" as new layer on your image.
25) Resize the layer with 86% (Resize All Layers not checked) and change the blend mode to Luminance Legacy.
26) Move the layer to the left side at the bottom. Example:
27) Copy and paste the tube "Smiling_Woman(edited)-Nolver_211220124" as new layer on your image.
28) Duplicate the layer. Activate with your mouse the original woman layer.
29) Adjust ---> Blur ---> Gaussian Blur: Radius: 43,00.
30) Change the blend mode to Screen.
31) Duplicate the blurred woman layer and change the blend mode to Dodge.
32) Activate the top layer.
34) Add the following Drop Shadow:
35) Copy and paste the tube "1Patries_VA-lantarenpaal 10-3-09" as new layer on your image.
36) Change the blend mode of this layer to Luminance (L) and move it to the left.
37) Add the Drop Shadow of step 34.
38) Copy and paste the text tube as new layer on your image.
39) Change the blend mode to Luminance (L) and move the text layer to the top on the left side.
40) Add the following borders:
- 1px, black
- 2px, foreground colour
- 5px, background colour
- 2px, foreground colour
- 1px, black
41) Select with you Magic Wand, the border of 5px (Anti-Alias checked, inside, Tolerance = 0; Feather = 0).
42) Effects ---> Plugins ---> Graphics Plus ---> Cross Shadow: All values should be set on 50, except the last two settings. Those values have to be set on 128.
43) Effects ---> Plugins ---> Cybia ---> Screenworks:
44) Remove the selection.
45) Add the following border:
- 15px, background colour
- 5px, black
46) Open the Background tube in Psp and copy the Background layer. Paste it as new image.
47) Close the tube "Background-Nolver_05032019".
48) Go back to your original image.
49) Go to the Materials palet and click with your mouse on the background colour.
50) Go to the tab Pattern and search for the background image and click on it.
51) Settings: Angle: 0; Scale: 100.
52) Select with your Magic Wand tool, the border of 15px (the settings for the Magic Wand, are still the same).
53. Fill the border with pattern.
54) Effects ---> Edge Effects ---> Enhance.
55) Adjust ---> Blur ---> Gaussian Blur: Radius: 1,00.
56) Remove the selection.
57) Add your name or watermark to your image and save it as JPG.
This tutorial was originally written on September 5, 2012.
I'd love to see your own creation from this tutorial. I'll post it here.