The original tutorial was written by Yvonne in Dutch (Psp Plezier Met Yvonne), but unfortunately I have never made the tutorial, before the website was gone. That's why I assembled the whole tutorial alone by myself. The tubes are made by Lila, Kittys and Tchounette. I don't know who created the Doodle3a tube. If it's yours, please let me know so that I can give the credits back to you.
The Blocks and the Glossy Cubes masks and the Border tube are created by me, so please leave the layers intact. The tubes can always be used for personal stuff, you only have to ask permission first if you would like to use them in a tutorial.
This tutorial will be written in English.
I've made this tutorial in PSP X6, but can be made in other PSP versions as well. Don't forget to save your work from time to time. I assume you know how to work with the Mirror and Flip script in PSP X6.
Download all other materials here.
Place the tubes, masks, etcetera in the right folders.
Graphics Plus --- Cross Shadow.
Toadies --- Weaver
- Foreground colour: #000000
- Background colour: #e3e3e3
Alright, let's get started!
1) Open a transparent image of 800 x 600 px.
2) Flood fill the canvas with the foreground colour.
3) Adjust ---> Hue and Saturation ---> Hue/Saturation/Lightness:
4) Image ---> Greyscale. Image ---> Increase Colour Depth ---> RGB - 8 bits/channel.
5) Effects ---> Plugins ---> Graphics Plus ---> Cross Shadow:
6) Click with your mouse on the foreground colour, go to the tab Gradient and make the following gradient:
7) Add a new layer to your work. Fill this layer with the gradient.
8) Open the mask "Blocks-Nolver_02062014" and go back to your work.
9) Go to the menu Layers ---> New Mask Layer ---> From Image and search for the mask "Blocks-Nolver_02062014". Choose Source Luminance, Invert Mask data unchecked.
10) Duplicate the mask layer 2 more times. Your palette should now look like this:
11) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Group. Adjust Sharpness ---> Sharpen.
12) Repeat step 9, but search for the mask "20-20".
13) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Group. Adjust Sharpness ---> Sharpen.
14) Press on K and fill the following values in the upper bar:
15) Press on M.
16) Activate the Eraser tool and use the following settings:
17) Erase the grey area from the mask:
Your image should now look something like this:
18) Layers ---> Duplicate.
19) Flip the layer.
20) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Down. Adjust ---> Sharpness ---> Sharpen More.
21) Layers ---> Duplicate.
22) Layers ---> New Raster Layer ---> Ok. Selections ---> Select All.
23) Open the tube "safa". Copy the tube.
24) Edit ---> Paste into Selection. Selections ---> Select None.
25) Mirror the layer. Change the opacity of this layer into 48.
26) Copy and paste the tube "doodle3a" as new layer on your image. Resize this layer with 50%, bicubic, Resize All Layers unchecked. Move the layer to the bottom on the left side.
27) Duplicate the layer and resize it with 90%, bicubic, Resize All Layers unchecked. Move the layer a bit to the right, a little bit to the bottom. See the example:
28) Copy and paste the female tube "3363 (3)" as new layer on your image.
29) Effects ---> Image Effects ---> Offset:
30) Add the following Drop Shadow: 0, 0, 100, 33.66, black.
31) Copy and paste the tube "Border" as new layer on your image. Effects ---> Image Effects ---> Offset:
32) Copy and paste the tube "TCH-Parfum-007" as new layer on your image. Resize the perfume bottle with 50%. Move the bottle to the right side.
33) Add a new raster layer. Activate the Selection tool and click on the button Custom Selection in the upper bar and use the following values:
Fill the selection with black (= foreground colour).
34) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Visible. Duplicate the image.
35) Effects ---> 3D Effects ---> Cutout:
36) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Down. Save and copy the image (Edit ---> Copy). We'll use it later.
37) Go to the menu File ---> New ---> Open a new transparent image of 900 x 675 px.
38) Repeat step 2 to 7.
39) Open the mask "GlossyCubes-Nolver_18022014" and go back to your work. Go to the menu Layers ---> New Mask Layer ---> From Image and search for the mask "GlossyCubes-Nolver_18022014". Choose Source Luminance, Invert Mask data unchecked.
40) Layers ---> Merge ---> Merge Group.
41) Image ---> Negative Image.
42) Effects ---> Edge Effects ---> Enhance.
43) Effects ---> Plugins ---> Toadies ---> Weaver:
44) Edit ---> Paste As New Layer.
- Image ---> Add borders ---> 1px, white, symmetric.
- Image ---> Add borders ---> 25px, black, symmetric.
46) Effects ---> 3D Effects ---> Buttonize:
47) Add on a new layer your name/watermark.
48) Resize the image to 700px wide and use an unsharp mask of 1, 64, 4 (Adjust ---> Sharpness ---> Unsharp Mask).
49) Save the image as JPG.
I'd love to see your own creation from this tutorial. I'll post it here.
This tutorial was written on April 25, 2016.